Friday, January 22, 2010

A little theological reflection on the U2 catalog

A couple of upcoming speaking engagements are at least tangentially related to things ordinarily highlighted here. The next two Sundays I'll be leading teaching sessions on the theology that informs and makes sense of U2's music at Disciples' Fellowship in Hoover, Alabama at 10:50 A.M. following the morning worship service. The topic for the first session on January 24 is "Theology Beneath the Noise, Below the Din: U2's Christian Imagination"; the essence of that presentation is represented by my article "U2: Unexpected Prophets" from Christian Reflection published by the Baylor University Center for Christian Ethics. On January 31 I'll address "The Theology of U2's No Line on the Horizon." My album review "Grace Inside a Sound: U2's No Line on the Horizon" originally published by Associated Baptist Press offers a sneak peek at some of the themes I'll explore in that session.

No comments:

Post a Comment